What is fifteen for 2019?

A very good friend of mine told me about Gretchen Rubin's suggestion of striving to do 18 things to get done for 2018.  Because 19 for 2...

Saturday, January 19, 2019

#2 Eat more vegetables

Or more specifically, aat at least 4 servings more of vegetables per week.  

So I have a confession.  I randomly chose 4 for no other reason than it would mean 1 more serving/day every 2nd day. And another thing, I have no idea how many servings I eat now.  So is my#2 healthy and happy goal measurable?  Sure!  But am I going to measure it?  Probably not.  Although never say never.  I have started meal planning so saving those and totaling up veggie servings wouldn't be hard.  I just don't know if I will actually do it. 

So why do I feel like am meeting this goal if I am not measuring my veggies servings?

1) It is winter so it is all about stews, soups and casseroles and when it comes to soups - the chunkier (ie the more vegetables) the better for me.

2) I haven't been worried about getting my protein as much (I am a vegetarian so this may be a problem down the road).  I am not buying the soya strips or veggie tips or ground round or tofu (although I did just buy a block of tofu to try my friend's tofu chili recipe because it was amazing when she made it for me).  And not that the meat alternatives aren't tasty but they all come in single use plastic (which I am trying to cut down on). So instead the stews and soups and casseroles are filled with sweet potatoes, lentils or beans and veggies.

3)  I've been eating supper foods for breakfast.  Not everyday but some days (and probably enough days to add at least 2 veggie servings/week). Why? The recipes I am making for dinner make huge portions.  This isn't a problem - I love leftovers - but sometimes I just think, well, why not?

So again, no scientific evidence supporting that I will actually attain this goal but for now, I feel there are more vegetables in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment